How many times have you thought about having a lawn which would look just like those perfectly neat, enhancing and decorous that can be seen in the movies?
Can you imagine that your lawn not only can be the same without much trouble and money, but also everything can be done by yourself?
Believe it or not gardening can be such an amazing chore, as long as you choose one of the best broadcast spreaders to make it smooth.
Whether it is walk-behind or hand-held, depending on the areas that need to be treated, they provide even seeding and protect your plants from insects and diseases.
|Scotts Turf Builder EdgeGuard||5,000 sq. ft||15 pounds|
|Scotts Easy Hand-Held||1,000 sq. ft||1 pound|
|Scotts Wizz Hand-Held Spreader||2,500 sq. ft||2 pounds|
|Scotts Pro EdgeGuard||18,000 sq. ft||13 pounds|
|Agri-Fab 45-0463||25,000 sq. ft||29 pounds|
1. Scotts Turf Builder EdgeGuard Mini Broadcast SpreaderThe Scotts Turf Builder EdgeGuard Mini Broadcast Spreader can be used as a means of applying seeds and fertilizers while the control panel determines how much of a layer you want to put down.
It ensures precise seed spreading by the usage of side blocker, adjusted to both sides in order to prevent seeds from spreading out of the lawn.
This smallest, light, easy to work with, walk-behind kind of spreader, made for larger areas up to 5000 sq. ft achieves best results with Scotts Lawn Care Products.
Before starting working with it, you will need to follow the calibration instructions which makes you control the width of the path and the amount of seeds or fertilizer distributed.
- Small and light for a walk behind model
- Reasonably priced
- Easy to assemble
- Spreads evenly
- Harder to use when not on flat surfaces
2. Scotts Easy Hand-Held Broadcast SpreaderScotts Easy Hand-Held Broadcast Spreader is a rust proof spreader made for small yards up to 1000 sq.ft.
Once bought, it comes ready for immediate work with very fine and light seeds which are of the same size and shape, ideally applying them without creating uneven lawns or bad fertilizer covering.
What is even better, the distributions of ice melt on walkway makes it useful during winter, too.
Before using it, you have to adjust the spreader selector settings and a dispenser.
The best results are achieved by walking at normal speed while seeding so as for the area to be neatly covered by products.
- Comes fully assembled
- Ergonomic design reduces hand fatigue
- Earphones come with a compact carrying case.
- One of the best noise isolation.
- Compact design.
- Quality seems to be lacking
3. Scotts Wizz Hand-Held SpreaderScotts Wizz Hand-Held Spreader characterized by Handy Lock Technologies is a battery powered spreader by four AA batteries that are already installed and it is designed to hold up to approximately 2500 sq. ft. of Scotts lawn care products.
When it comes to accuracy, 23 spreader settings and Edge Guard gives you control, while Handy Lock minimizes your hand exhaustion.
This simple, lightweight, useful and efficient tool helps you finish seeding or ice melting faster and makes this chore a pleasure as long as you do not overfill it or overuse it, which may lead to spreader damage and breakage.
- Battery-powered – No hand cranking required
- Batteries last 20+ uses
- Even Spread
- Large cover area
- Looks and feels cheap
- Need to stop and refill often
4. Scotts Pro EdgeGuard Broadcast SpreaderWhether you are in need to put salt on your pathway or add fertilizer to your garden, this little gadget is a must among your tools.
Due to the fact that it can hold up to even 18000 sq.ft of product, it is the largest spreader which is ideal for huge areas that have to be seeded or fertilized.
Since it is designed for vast areas, it is provided with tires that support easier and efficient spreader usage, as well as taking less time to finish the chore.
It comes fully equipped and ready to use, without any calibration.
- Spreader width is a generous 5 feet
- Pneumatic tires to make pushing easier
- Control panel for precision settings
- Mostly plastic parts
- Needs maintenance between uses
5. Agri-Fab 45-0463The last but not the least comes Agri-Fab 45-0463 130-Pound Tow Behind Broadcast Spreader, made in the USA, a professional tool for huge areas that have to be seeded with precise setting control, high performance rate and long life.
It has three year warranty which makes it useful for many years if you follow the rules of proper care and maintenance.
Unlike all previously mentioned spreaders, this one has to be connected to a lawn tractor in order to be used, but still it is stable when used on rough terrain and it is worth all the money.
- 130 pound hopper capacity saves time refilling
- Release bar is easy to reach from the seat of lawn tractor
- Saves you time and energy
- Assembly can take a while
Whether you are an elderly or not, a broadcast spreader is a necessary lawn tool for each of us to include in our collection. It makes quick work of spreading fertilizer or whatever you need for your lawn without having to spend time you don’t have.
Depending on the surface area that you have to cover and the way of using it, decide and choose which one is the most appropriate for your garden and believe me, you will not make a mistake because they are the best broadcast spreaders available.